Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Resting!

Yesterday, I had my egg retrieval. The last time I had an egg retrieval, it was not bad at all. I was even up and cooking dinner that night after retrieval. We were only able to retrieve 8 eggs that time....but this time, we were able to get 17 eggs!!!! That is good, considering that out of that 8, only 3 made it to transfer day, and only one made it to cryopreserve. So, I am thinking we will have a few more to cryopreserve. Along with those 17 eggs came a TON of extra pain while trying to retrieve. I could actually feel the needles going into my ovaries. The last thing I remember is the nurse shooting more "happy" medicine into my IV. After the procedure, I must have been wondering where C was, because the nurse kept saying, "Here he is, hun...here he is". Sweet C had to go take care of his side of the job while I was in surgery. I am not sure how he can mentally do that. C was fabulous taking care of me after the procedure. My blood oxygen monitor kept going crazy beeping every time that I would drift asleep after the surgery, and C kept making me wake up and take deep breaths. It would start beeping every 5 seconds. C was so sweet and stood there beside me for I don't know how long monitoring my breathing. Good thing he is a Doctor. ha. C had to go into the bathroom with me and dress me. I really don't remember getting dressed or the ride home. I do remember C going into CVS to get me crackers, sprite, and phenergan. The phenergan knocked me right out and I was able to sleep it off.
Since this is my way to document and remember everything, I am going to put a diagram up of what exactly egg retrieval looks like:
There is a monitor that goes in that is an ultrasound and then a needle goes through my uterus and into my ovaries. The follicles are then emptied of fluid and the egg obviously leaves with the fluid as well. I had 20 follicles and of those 20 we were able to obtain 17 eggs. I guess that is why today, I am feeling like someone punched me in the stomach. Really worse, it feels like I have been ripped open. It did NOT hurt at all last time- just a mild cramp. Obviously, every time is different.

I am excited that we got a better number this time though. I am at work now (teaching Kindergarten), and I am NOT being the best teacher that I can be. The kids are at Art class, and I am going to let them play at centers the rest of the day when they get back. We are planning something special for C- who is coming up to visit tomorrow on his birthday! The kids are soooooo excited!

Transfer will be on Monday, the 22nd of Feb. God has His hand on all of this...we are resting in Him.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that it went well. I remember feeling the same way in June, no pain at all but in November I was ready to lay in bed for days after the retrieval. See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete