Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Call....that we all dread

This morning, I went in for my follicle "check up". I am having a much better response this time than last IVF. Dr. L was really disappointed with my only having 8 eggs retrieved. This time, I already have 8 that are measurable and it is only stem day 7, which means that I have only had 6 days of meds. I give my shots in the afternoon. Here is what a day in my life looks like:

I borrowed this image from a friend's blog- who is going to the same Dr. as me- and we pretty much have the same protocol. (She is pregnant now- by the way! YAY) All of this is going to be so worth it. We know that. We have no doubts that God is at work. But, like I said, with my new definition of Faith- it doesn't matter if it works this time of not- all that matters is that we are doing what we feel led to do and God will Bless us no matter what- whatever happens will be His plan- and I am OK with that now! :)
I do want to rant a bit about something that happened this morning while sitting in the fertility clinic. It was 8:00 in the morning and my "big sister" - we will call her "AP" from my sorority from college is calling me- I knew immediately what the news was going to be- I am sure that you already know too while reading this. This girl is the most superficial person I have ever met in my life. She broke her neck while in college and I moved in with her to help her. She kicked me out of her house after I paraded myself and my boyfriend down to New Orleans to watch her and her arrogant self be the Mardi Gras queen of whatever crew she was in. I left the ball early because my sick boyfriend needed to go home. She got mad, and literally kicked me out. Needless to say, our relationship never revitalized- but we still talk. She apologized half-heartedly some years later at my "twin-sister's" wedding (twin sister in the sorority- AP had two "little sisters" if that makes sense). I, of course, accepted the apology. C and I traipsed down to her wedding where we were barely acknowledged. AP and her husband have suffered many ups and downs in the past 2 years- they have even gotten a divorce, tried to sale their home, fought over alimony, were unfaithful to one another, and ended up back together. So, now that I have caught up to speed to who exactly AP is...I will go back to the story at hand. So, she called this morning while I was sitting in the very quiet waiting room at the fertility clinic and screamed at the top of her lungs (you guessed it) "I'M PREGNANT!!!" I think every eye in that room turned to me with despair, because trust me, everyone heard what she said. Some looks said, "get out of this waiting room with that awful phone call", and some looks said, "poor thing- I know what you are feeling". I chose to focus on the latter of the looks and take the phone call out in the hallway. I acted excited and did all that I could to not burst out in tears. I told her of our recent miscarriage- and she proved to have not grown up one bit. She said, "Oh really- well I am so excited. I just had 2 positive pregnancy tests- and those things don't lie".
Oh, really....
Well, for her sake, I really hope that they don't.
Some would say, "What a cruel joke, I can't believe you received that phone call in the middle of your appointment at the fertility clinic."
I say, "God is making me stronger with each second of every day- He must have a lot in store for me and C"

No comments:

Post a Comment