Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

My thoughts at random...

...in no particular order.

Yesterday I started getting ready for transfer day! The big day is tomorrow! I have been hurting so bad since the egg retrieval and had no idea why. Well, last night, I drank a huge thing of coconut juice (a natural laxative) and some milk of magnesia...and I found out why I had been hurting. TMI I know! So- now I feel like a new person...still a little sore, but not in severe pain anymore. That is nice. I went to a birthday party yesterday for the boys next door. It is their 3rd birthday. They were infants when we moved here. How does time fly by so fast? I couldn't stay long because I was in pain (physically and emotionally) There were babies everywhere and children. I don't know why it hurt so bad considering that my day to day life is spent with children. My job IS children...so how do I deal? To be honest, my job hurts too, but I digress. So, I went to the party and saw the boys in the shirts that I made for them. I monogram. I learned how to do so for my future children. I am ready to monogram something for them. It hurts when I monogram. Once again, I digress. The party was super cute and "firetruck" themed. I left early to go run errands to get ready for the big transfer day tomorrow. I stocked up on several TV series that I have been wanting to catch up on, but never have the time. Well, looks like next week, I will have time. I am going to stay on modified bed rest for the rest of the week. Due to the nature of my job, which is most certainly NOT a desk job, I am using days that I have accumulated to stay at home until the pregnancy test. Considering that we spent almost half of my yearly salary on these IVF attempts- it seems that all cautions should be taken. I am excited about the break, but being on bed-rest is not at all glamorous...it is, in fact, boring. I am fully prepared this time, though. I have magazines galore, books and tons of DVDs! I am going to try to stay on a schedule though. I am planning on having my devotion time in the morning and letting that time last more than 15 minutes...a luxury that I do not have on a normal daily basis. I will read books and the Bible until lunch time, then watch DVDs...as to not have my brain completely fried by watching non-stop TV. I am hoping that those babies are doing well up at "embryo daycare". I am doing much better this time about not worrying. I think it is truly because, I have realized that I have nothing to worry about when God is in charge. I have been OH so relaxed this time (aside from the excruciating pain post egg retrieval). He has really laid His sweet hands on me and I can feel it. I can feel the power of His presence and His will for our life unfolding out in front of us. It will be amazing to see all that He is going to do. When will He do it? Well, that is not a question for us to ask...

1 comment: