Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Same: yesterday, today and forever

Matthew 6:27
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

I am clinging to this verse today as I wait to hear the results from the pregnancy test. I have no idea what today might bring. It may be one of the best days of my life...or it may be the worst. What a strange feeling to know that one little phone call is going to change my life forever. Whatever the answer is...my life will be different. I am not sure where we will go from here if the answer is no: Will we take a different route in becoming parents? Will we try again? Can I do this again? All of these questions God will answer in due time. I know that I will not be able to answer these questions today. I feel dizzy- like I did on my wedding day. I felt such a peace that day- a peace that passes understanding. I feel that same peace today. It is almost surreal. I didn't feel this way last time. I was in such a tizzy I couldn't even talk. Thank you God for sending your peace. Worry will not change the message that I will recieve on that phone call today- nor will worrying about when they will call. Nothing will change the outcome.
I read this today during devotion time and wanted to post it as to be able to keep it. God is good ALL of the time!

You’ve all seen them. Those commercials that interrupt your favorite
television program. Intimate glimpses into the blissful interactions of parent
and infant. An awestruck toddler discovering the wonder of a frog. A bald,
gurgling baby gleefully splashing as she is bathed in the kitchen sink. Yes, the
voiceover on the commercial is correct. “Having a baby changes
everything.”

Every time I hear that line, I also hear the anguished cry of millions
infertile women: “Yeah? Well, not having a baby changes everything too!”

Infertility brings many life changes. Your dreams change. Your view of your
future changes. Your plans change. Even your vacations change! After all, you
can’t go rock climbing during that dreaded two week wait--just in case!

But there one thing that will never change, even through the ups and downs
of infertility. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

The same Jesus who wept with Mary and Martha when their hearts were broken,
weeps with you as you stare brokenhearted at another negative pregnancy test.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

The same Jesus who wouldn’t let go of Peter’s hand when the storm raged on
is the same Jesus who holds you tight every time someone else announces a
pregnancy. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Through your changed dreams and plans, through the changing seasons of your
infertility, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

He will remain forever steady and unchanging, even as the calendar changes
from month to month and year to year.Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and
today and forever.

1 comment: